Back in the 90’s when Dramatica was the new kid on the block, we published a “Storyforming Newsletter” for a span of time.
Here is a link to a PDF version of the very first issue….
Download in PDF (179K)
The Dramatica Storyforming Newsletter contains Writing Tips, Analyses of popular books and movies, and materials to help your create a perfect structure in your novel, screenplay, or stage play.
In this Issue:
- “Building a Better Dinosaur” – a creative criticism of Jurassic Park
- Objective vs. Subjective Story Perspectives
- Story vs. Tale
- The Story Mind
- Storyforming vs. Storytelling
- Leap of Faith
- The Main Character
- The Obstacle Character
- Problem Element and Solution Element
- Author’s Proof
- Change Characters vs. Steadfast Characters
- “One Woman’s Problem Solving is Another Man’s Justification”
- Identifying the Throughlines in Your Story
- Gender Speak – What’s In a Name?